Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Graig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Since Apple has removed AIM iChat login using mac.com or me.com ID in Messages and because I have not been successful in creating a new AIM account with AOL, I would like to remove all traces of AIM from my Messages App. Would I simply delete the AIM account or what would be the best way to get away from it? I want to have Messages able to be used as the App was intended and to be clean before upgrading to Yosmite in the fall. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Since Apple has removed AIM iChat login using mac.com or me.com ID in Messages and because I have not been successful in creating a new AIM account with AOL, I would like to remove all traces of AIM from my Messages App. Would I simply delete the AIM account or what would be the best way to get away from it? I want to have Messages able to be used as the App was intended and to be clean before upgrading to Yosmite in the fall. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

All you can do is delete the account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.