iPhone How to remove Apple's "Linen" background???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MBX, Feb 5, 2013.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Anyone of you know how to remove Apple's "Linen" background texture from folders, Siri and everywhere else?

I've been able to replace Notification center with a transparent/ blurred background but no luck with folders and Siri because most of the tweaks are ugly colors or textures and provide no options so i can set my own colors or backgrounds.

Any idea if there is a great tweak/ app for that?

2. ericDylan macrumors regular

bump: I also want to just have a solid gray or black.

If anyone knows of a tweak like this, that would be great

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

For the Notification Centre

Go to System/Library/Coreservices/Sprinboard.app and replace the old file with your wallpaper. The file name is BulletinListLinen-568h@2x.png

The same directory again but the file for folders and app switcher (they both change with one file)

FolderSwitcherBG-568h@2x~iphone.png

Obviously, it needs to be the same size as the original file of bigger so keep that in mind. If you're using a theme go to Var/Stash/Themes/YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard and make the changes to the same files. All the files must be named as the originals were before you replaced them or it will not work.

4. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Blurred NC & Folders - this removes linen for a clean gray background in the notification center, folders and app switcher. Unfortunately does not affect Siri.

5. lucastatic macrumors regular

As the above poster said the files responsible for the Notification Center and Folder/Switcher backgrounds are:

System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app\BulletinListLinen-568h@2x.png
    System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app\FolderSwitcherBG-568h@2x~iphone.png

In addition to backing up the above files and inserting your own themed versions, you will also need to delete (they recreate themselves, don't worry) the BulletinListLinenX.cpbitmap and FolderSwitcherLinenX.cpbitmap cache files (see location below) and then respring before your themed files take effect.

var\mobile\Library\Caches\com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache\Persistent

6. Auxo macrumors 6502

Or if you wanna have folders inside folders, FolderEnhancer. Also lets you customize the background.