How to remove Bookmarks Bar folder from ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by soupcxan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. soupcxan macrumors member

I have searched on this (see link below) but none of the instructions work for me. I have a new ipad 2 and my computer is a PC with Windows 7. I don't use the "Bookmarks Bar" folder on my ipad and want to remove it. I was able to do this on my iphone but it's not working on my ipad. I am telling itunes to sync bookmarks with IE and to replace information on the ipad, but although I get my bookmarks, the Bookmarks Bar is still there. Any tips?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=526262

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but did you go to the Settings app and turn off "always show bookmarks ba"?

3. soupcxan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks - yes I tried this setting and it does turn the bookmarks bar itself on/off. But what I am trying to get rid of is the "bookmarks bar" folder that shows up in the dropdown when you open your bookmarks. This folder just takes up space and I can't move any of my bookmarks above it in the list.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yeah, that, I haven't found a way to remove. I've just learned to ignore it. :(