How to remove cached Photo Stream photos from Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jsulmeyer, Nov 26, 2011.

1. jsulmeyer, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011

jsulmeyer macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell me how to remove cached Photo Stream photos from Apple TV's screen saver? I logged into iCloud from my mac and reset my photo stream, turned off photo stream from my iPhone, and still, when I choose "Photo Stream" from the screen saver menu in Apple TV, it still displays all of the photos I just deleted. I'm assuming they are stuck in a cache file within the Apple TV and can't figure out how to flush them out...

I tried logging out of the iTunes store from within Apple TV, but that did nothing. I can't seem to find a place to turn off iCloud or Photo Stream from within Apple TV, and I don't want to have to reset my Apple TV to factory defaults.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Of course, as soon as I post this, I find the solution. I'll post it here, in case anyone else finds themselves in the same boat:

In Apple TV, go to Internet -> Photo Stream. Sign out, then (optionally) sign back in. No more cached photos :)

2. wetherellak macrumors newbie

I tried this to no avail 3rd Gen Apple TV

I logged out of iTunes, iCloud, turned off PhotoStream, restarted Apple TV all to no avail. The PhotoStreams have not update to my current photo stream or shared PhotoStreams. They have been removed from all other devices just not the AppleTV. I was hoping not to need to reset it since I have numerous settings as part of other Apps but it appears that will need to be the case.