How To Remove Google Apps From Launchpad

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MartinAppleGuy, May 6, 2015.

1. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

At the time of updating to OS X 10.10.3, Google Chrome added 4 app shortcuts to launchpad (screenshot bellow). Even after uninstalling Google Chrome and restarting, the apps have chosen to stay.

How do I remove them?

PS - Opening any of them results in an error message as Chrome is uninstalled. So its like its just the shortcuts. How do I remove them?

#hateGoogle

Attached Files:

2. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

I solved the problem, I had to go to my User Application folder rather than my normal Application folder and there was a Chrome Apps Folder there. Deleting it instantly removed them from launchpad.

Google, stop adding your crap to my Mac ;) Won't be using Chrome again haha

3. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

Thanks for this. I just updated to Yosemite and noticed that. It was so irksome and invasive of Google.

4. madsci954, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015

madsci954 macrumors 68030

Bookmarked. I installed Chrome on my new MBP I got this weekend and the same thing happened to me. Now I know where to delete those apps.

5. Jelite macrumors 6502a

I was just about to have an aneurysm over this, i went through all the library deleting google files, re-installed and tried app-zapper, searched google :mad:, and then found this just as i started screaming, thanks ;)

6. bumblebritches5 macrumors 6502

You can't. I uninstalled Chrome over this and other issues (battery life being a pretty big one)

7. rubaski_matt macrumors newbie

rubaski_matt

I'm new to having a Mac...have had mine for about 6 months and am still learning my way around the OS. Can you please provide more specific instructions on how to remove these annoying Google Apps from Launchpad? I've already uninstalled Google Chrome, but they won't go away!

8. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

In the Finder sidebar, click your name then go to the Applications folder in the right pane, you'll see them there.

9. Digital Dude macrumors 6502

Digital Dude

Arizona where freedom still means something
    I'm done with Google at this point after many years of good use. However, it finds tricky ways of installing GoogleTalk any time you click on a phone number within Google search, and then it forever screws up FaceTime/Hand-off from my iPhone. The only fix I've found was to reinstall El Capitan OS X from scratch.

10. Anon Knee Moose, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

Anon Knee Moose macrumors newbie

Anon Knee Moose

1. Open Finder
    2. Click your username in the sidebar to the left
    3. You should see a folder(directory) named Applications listed on the right, among other things such as Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc.
    4. Double-click on the Applications folder. There you should find a folder named Chrome Apps, containing such things as Gmail.app, Google Drive.app, Google Search.app, YouTube.app, and Google Chrome.app
    5. Delete the whole Chrome Apps folder, and you're done!