how to remove jailbreak and go to 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bogman12, Jan 25, 2008.

1. bogman12 macrumors regular

I want the new apps pack as part Apple's 1.1.3 firmware release. My Touch is currently jailbroken. How do I go back to an unhacked firmware? Do I just perform the firmware install from iTunes? Or would that brick my Touch? THanks.

2. oliverlubin macrumors regular

im 99% sure all you have to do is a "restore" using iTunes. I'll update you to 1.1.3 but you wont have the new apps till they are enabled when it's released.

you will lose your music/data but you should already have that all on your computer. ;)

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

In my case I went from a jailbreaked 1.1.2 iPod touch to a normal 1.1.3 version, however it's probably best to remove any third-party apps before you upgrade the firmware, as they'll be hidden but not deleted under 1.1.3.

You also need to pay to get the new apps after reaching 1.1.3, you don't just get them for free.

4. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

Is there anyway to download music from my ipod to my computer? I have two laptops that I connect my ipod to and the music collection between them isn't a 100% match..

5. KFCTR macrumors member

KFCTR

I saw a person upgrade a fully jailbroken iPod Touch to 1.1.3 without bricking it.

6. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

So once again, what is the easiest way of removing jailbreak on my iTouch? I want to go fully legit because none of the software currently loaded on my touch appeals to me anyways. I just need the google map, and e-mail..

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I am not sure what operating system you are running but I know for windows there is a program called copytrans, you can use the trial (not sure if it limits you to the number of tracks to transfer or freely use within trial period). as for macs I'm sure someone could fill in best program to use