How to remove MS Entourage 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by celticpride678, Jul 20, 2009.

1. celticpride678

I have Microsoft Office 2008 Standard for Mac SP2, but I do not need Entourage. How can I only remove Entourage and keep the rest of the Office Suite intact? Thanks.

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

open applications folder-->microsoft office folder-->drag entourage to trash can-->close all windows-->empty trash

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Can I also do this with App Cleaner?

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Don't just drag Entourage to the trash can. If you do that, you're likely to run into problems in subsequent updates.

To get rid of it, the only sure way to do so and not run into problems with subsequent updates is to fully uninstall Office, and then reinstall. When you reinstall, do a custom installation so that you can skip the applications and other things you don't need (like language files).

Regards,
    Nadyne.

5. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Thanks for the information.

6. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I agree. If for some reason you don't have the Office disk, just leave Entourage on your machine. Alterations to Office without re-installing can make updating a living hell. I'm shocked that I could get SP2 to install today, since I couldn't install any of the previous updates thanks to using Multilingual to uninstall unneeded language packs.

7. Beaverfish macrumors regular

Just wanna chip in and say, I had the same issue, I wanted to delete entourage. I used app clearner, and now everytime I open an office application, it complains that the database is incomplete and that I need to reinstall!

8. dreamgood macrumors newbie

oh my god !!

i didnt knew this and i trashed it :( i dont know whts gonna happen.. as today microsoft released sp2 for office 2008 :confused:

9. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Uninstall Office, and then reinstall it. When you reinstall it, do a custom installation to skip installing whatever you don't want. Then you can run the update without a problem.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

10. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

OK. Thanks guys. I think I will just reinstall Office tonight and just remove Entourage 2008 off the list.