how to remove multiclutch?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tenhead, Nov 14, 2008.

1. tenhead macrumors regular

I remove multiclutch from the system pane but the function still there. how do you get rid of it? can't find it anywhere.

2. pooprscooper macrumors regular

To remove Preference Panes you need to check two folders depending on whether you installed the Preference Pane for just yourself or everyone on the computer:

1) The PreferencePanes folder in the Library folder found in your home folder. (~/Library/PreferencesPanes)
    2) The PreferencesPanes folder in the Library folder found on your hard drive (not in your home folder) (/Library/PreferencePanes)

or Use AppCleaner:
    [​IMG]

3. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, thanks pooprscooper. I found it in my home folder.
    where can I get AppCleaner?

4. cuestakid macrumors 68000

5. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

6. lizzyshoe macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if you ever resolved your problem, but I've done all of the suggestions and I am still getting these error messages in the console:

Can't open input server /Library/InputManagers/MultiClutchInputManager.bundle

for every program that is running. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I think it might be related to some other system stability problems I've been having.

7. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

I used appcleaner and I was able to remove it. No problem. did you download the program?

8. lizzyshoe macrumors newbie

I did, and I ran the program, but it wasn't able to find any more instances of the multiclutch. It's as if every other program (firefox, itunes, login window, etc) is trying to launch multiclutch but then can't find it (because it's been deleted).

9. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I thought you can just go to System Preferences and right click Multi clutch and just click delete. That's how I removed mine...

10. DrewAPicture macrumors newbie

I had this same problem just yesterday. I deleted the pane from the System Preferences but the gestures were still firing. I opened AppCleaner and there were no mentions of MultiClutch, so here's what I did:

I reinstalled MultiClutch, opened the pane and as expected, all of my previous settings were still in there. So I removed all of the custom gestures, closed the pane, ran AppCleaner and checked under the 'Others' tab. There were four mentions os MultiClutch so I deleted all of them.

No more problems.