How to remove my 3GS from Cydia's database?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NoStopN, May 16, 2011.

1. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I am planning to sell my 3GS to a co-worker. I told him that I would update to the latest firmware & jailbreak it. But, Cydia's database recognizes the phone by IMEI or serial number or something like that, right? If so, how would I get my account to no longer be associated with this iPhone? If he wishes to purchase something from Cydia, he wouldn't be able to buy anything because Cydia thinks that the iPhone is still mine. I never expected that I would need to know this info, so forgive me if this is an easy fix.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He can purchase anything he wants from cydia. He just has to create a login using either his google ID or facebook login.
    He wont need to remove anything from cydia.

3. NoStopN thread starter macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I feel like a complete idiot after I posted that. I forgot that we log in for purchased packages. I suppose if an admin or moderator wants to remove this thread, it would make more room on the server (for the next round of "When is the jailbreak of the next firmware coming out" to start up). :p Damn, I need some sleep.

4. The LPT macrumors regular

really? Whenever i restore my phone, it automatically says I purchased the app without needing to log in. The only time it asks me to log in is if I'm purchasing something new.

5. NoStopN thread starter macrumors 6502

NoStopN

When I tried to update to 4.3.3, it wouldn't go. So I restored it. It went to 4.3.3 & wiped out all apps (like I expected it to). After jailbreaking, I went into Cydia & it asked me if I was a user, developer, etc. It recognized the phone, but I would have had to log in to download my purchased apps. As Applejuiced & I discussed before, he will just have to log in with Cydia if he wishes to buy any apps for himself. He can download all of the free tweaks & wallpapers/themes that he wants if he doesn't want to buy anything.