How to remove my HD partition.

MacSurge

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Ok lol, I thought I wanted to use Windows on my Mac, but half way through I decided I didn't want to. So, I downloaded bootcamp, partitioned my hard drive by 5gb, but I want those 5gb back. How can I get those 5 gb back. I really want it back:D My mac is brand new, and I was just messin around with it. Well, any help would be greatly appreciated. I sure do hope this is fixable...

FYI:) I don't really want to restore my whole computer.

- Regards

MacSurge

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Ok I installed it again.. Now how do i unistall the partition
Also keep in mind that i didnt alctuly install windows... I just partitioned the disk and quit because I realized i didn't want windows after all.

Rob500

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3970788#post3970788

Did you print off and read the "Boot Camp Setup and installation Guide"?
Starting on page 22.
Hope that helps

MacSurge

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
I still can't get it off. I have to get it off ASAP because it's causing my comp to crash and slow down.

Can someone please help me.

I want to completely remove the partition without restoring my whole sysytem!

Best Regards

bennyboi

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
West Coast
Disk Utility

What would happen if he just went into Apple's Disk Utility and deleted it? Would it just add the space back to the hd, almost like deleting a folder?

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
What would happen if he just went into Apple's Disk Utility and deleted it? Would it just add the space back to the hd, almost like deleting a folder?
No, that would not do it. You would end up destroying the OS X partition, since you cannot make any non-destructive changes in disk utility partition utility.

If you are using the boot camp, there is an option called restorehard disk to a single partition. That should do it.

If not, you can create a bootable clone using superduper on an external drive which has been partitioned with the GUID partition table option.

(Note: I also create a separate sparseimage of the original system as the master restore file but it is not neccessary)

Once you've successfully booted from the external drive by holding the option key down during the boot process and selecting the appropriate FW or USB bootable disk, you can re-partition the internal disk to a single partition and use superduper to move the data back.

Cheers,