How to remove Office 2004 Trial

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zwhaler, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Sorry, this is a noob question, coming from someone who is usually good at this type of stuff. I simply want to know how to remove the trial software that came on my Mac (Ironic because of the "Stuffed ad") I Spotlight(ed) it and all I found was a few random folders, but no real application. I have never used or even installed it, I just want to know how to get rid of it. Perhaps I need to install it and then App Zap it? Someone help. Thanks.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Try uApp to remove it, that should get rid of all of it. I personally just drag it to the trash and delete it though, but that won't get rid of some of the preferences and all that.

3. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

sorry, i don't have the answer. I thought it would just self destruct

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

No, it will hang in there and %$*#@ up an installation of 'real' Office

I thought there was an Uninstall application right within the Office Trial folder?

Regardless, if you have never run it, then there won't be Preferences et al. so just dragging the folder to the trash should be sufficient.

5. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

Thanks iBookG4user. I was looking for a program that can remove complete programs.

6. pianos101 macrumors regular

Specifically for Office, MS did include a Remove Office app. It's in the Additional Tools folder in the Office Test Drive folder. It will ask if you want to remove all pref files associated with it, too.

7. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Use Spotlight to find all references to office and drag each one to the trash can. Or you could try AppZapper.

FJ