How to Remove older devices so I can use new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dolfan87, Jul 1, 2010.

1. dolfan87 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

This may be a stupid question, but I have had several iPods/iPhones over the years, and now my latest purchase will not let me add or remove music to it.

We only have three iPhone/iPods currently in use, so is there a way to tell iTunes that we are no longer using the old stuff?

Thanks

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I think media can be synced to an unlimited number of iPods and iPhones. Only 5 different computers, though.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

There is no limit to the number of iPod/iPhone/iPad devices you can have iTunes content on. There IS a limit on the number of computers you can maintain functional iTunes libraries of purchased content however, and that is 5. Are you getting a message that says you have authorized 5 computers, is this why you cannot sync?

4. dolfan87 thread starter macrumors newbie

No...when I try to add or remove music by dragging from my iTunes library, it will not "drop" into my new phone. I did a music sync, and it added music to my phone, but I want to be able to drag and drop like I could with my 3GS.

Also when I tried to remove songs from the phone today, it won't let me click on any of them.

It's strange.

5. Carcaridon macrumors member

Are you sure you're manually managing your music?

6. dolfan87 thread starter macrumors newbie

At this point I am not sure of anything...how do i check that and/or change it so I am?

7. dolfan87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Figured it out...stupid question...I knew it.

Thanks everyone