Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macattila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
I'd like to record audio discreetly with my iPhone 5. The IOS default Voice Memos app would be fine, but it displays a pulsating red status bar on the top of the home screen while using the devices microphone. Does anyone have a solution for that?

iOS-status-bar-alerts.png

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
I'd like to record audio discreetly with my iPhone 5. The IOS default Voice Memos app would be fine, but it displays a pulsating red status bar on the top of the home screen while using the devices microphone. Does anyone have a solution for that?

I believe springtomize 3 has a setting that hides the recording status bar view. Idk if that's what it hides though so you might want to double check.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I believe springtomize 3 has a setting that hides the recording status bar view. Idk if that's what it hides though so you might want to double check.

Doesn't seem to work on my 7.0.4 iPhone 5 with a legal (non-cracked) Springtomize 3 install.

Other global functionalities work like:

- animation speed setting to 0.3 (sadly, it can't be decreased to 0.0 to give instant animations - unlike with com.marcosinghof.noslowanimations, which I still prefer to Springtomize 3 in this respect)

- faking the carrier

Nevertheless, enabling "Recording" hiding doesn't work:

Attachments

• IMG_0498.PNG
    IMG_0498.PNG
    103.5 KB · Views: 2,033

Bunnyfu

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2014
Same here, iOS 7.0.4, iphone 5S. Installed springtomize 3 mainly for hiding the annoying red recording bar. However, the config switch does not work...

Is it working for anyone else, perhaps on non-arm64 devices?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Same here, iOS 7.0.4, iphone 5S. Installed springtomize 3 mainly for hiding the annoying red recording bar. However, the config switch does not work...

Is it working for anyone else, perhaps on non-arm64 devices?

Doesn't work on 32-bit devices either - see my earlier post.

macattila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
Before starting the thread I also tried with a legal Springtomize 3 with iPhone 5 IOS 7.0.4, didn't work either.

sinfool

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2014

I just made a Flex patch for this (if not on the flex cloud yet, it should be shortly). Download Flex and search for the Voice Memos patch titled "Stealth Mode". :D

macattila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
At last! It works! With this my iPhone is complete. Thank you for your help sinfool!

macattila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
minimising risks

Carlanga: yeah, but if in any case I'd touch the device I immediately got busted..

Good bye big pulsating red bar :)

sunny127

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
It worked!! Thank you sinfool.

It works great on my iPhone 5 IOS 7.1
I bought the original version of Flex 2.
I have to say that springtomize 3 didn't succeed hiding the red recording bar, but yours Flex Stealth Mode works fine.

wave-forms

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I just made a Flex patch for this (if not on the flex cloud yet, it should be shortly). Download Flex and search for the Voice Memos patch titled "Stealth Mode". :D

I am attempting to create a Flex patch for this for the app "Heard" but I am having no luck whatsoever. May I please trouble you to help me identify the Target Method that controls the double height and red color of the status bar when it's recording in the background? I took a look at your patch, and I'm pretty sure it is not named the same in the Heard app.

yupi

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2016

Well done! But could you do it for IOS6? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.