How to remove Quicktime 6.5.2 and Install Quicktime pro 6.5

robbo007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Valencia, Spain
Hello all,

Does anyone know how to remove QuickTime 6.5.2 and install an earlier version of Quicktime pro 6.5.

When I run the install it complains that my version of QuickTime Pro 6.5.2 is newer than QuickTime 6.5 that I want to install.

Do I just need to delete the Quicktime 6.5.2.app folder?

Thanks,

Rob

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
robbo007 said:
Aparently not. The installer is complaining about that.??
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't actually install Quicktime Pro. Whatever version of Quicktime is installed, you can register Quicktime Pro by going into the preferences.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
robbo007 said:
Hello all,

Does anyone know how to remove QuickTime 6.5.2 and install an earlier version of Quicktime pro 6.5.

When I run the install it complains that my version of QuickTime Pro 6.5.2 is newer than QuickTime 6.5 that I want to install.

Do I just need to delete the Quicktime 6.5.2.app folder?

Thanks,

Rob
Exactly which mistake did Apple make when it updated QuickTime to 6.5.2?

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
robbo007 said:
Aparently not. The installer is complaining about that.??
What I was trying to say is that Quicktime and Quicktime Pro are the same program. There is no special 'Quicktime Pro' program. You enter your serial into quicktime and it unlocks the Pro features. You are trying to install an old version of quicktime when you probably don't need to as your serial almost certainly works on the version you have installed already.

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
caveman_uk said:
What I was trying to say is that Quicktime and Quicktime Pro are the same program. There is no special 'Quicktime Pro' program. You enter your serial into quicktime and it unlocks the Pro features. You are trying to install an old version of quicktime when you probably don't need to as your serial almost certainly works on the version you have installed already.
That is correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.