How to remove small scratch from Sport Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nalbagli, Jun 21, 2015.

1. nalbagli macrumors 6502

Hi I accidentally scratched my Apple Watch Sport, although is really small it's driving me crazy. I have been searching for information on how to remove scratches from the watch but all results are for the Stainless Steel Version.

So does anyone know if theres a way to remove a scratch from the aluminum casing?

Thanks, this is driving me crazy.

2. meikdunj macrumors regular

Don't think you can as it is a bead blasted finish.

3. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info, now I am regretting going for the Sport version, I bearly touched a table with the watch and it scratched, and I've also read a lot of people with the sport version have their screen scratched, I just can't stand scratches on my gadgets.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The problem is that there is no way to remove the scratch without removing surrounding material and that area will tend to polish up and look different than the original finish. The SS will also scratch even though it is harder but polishing out the scratch will look the same as the original finish.

If you are within your 14 days . . . . . . .

5. leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

Yes if you are still within your 14 days then return it :)

If not then your going to have to deal with it and never buy another one

6. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Actually, numerous people have said that they "traded in" their sport watches for SS watches in various threads. Why not go into an Apple Store and see if they'll let you upgrade? :)

7. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Traded in for free?

8. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

I'm pretty sure they had to pay the difference. :)

That doesn't surprise me in the least. Look at it from Apple's perspective "Oh, you want your standard, every 2 year watch refresh to be a more expensive watch? Very glad to help you with that!!" :)

9. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Yes, I bought the Sport and traded for the Edition for no additional cost. :D

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If that is so I am heading to the Apple Store now!:rolleyes:

11. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I bought my Black Sport on 4/10, received it 4/24 (launch day) and just this week I went to apple retail and traded my watch in, despite being WAY outside the return window.

Told them I wanted stainless steel version, they gave me a gift card with the full price I paid (including tax) and I applied the gift card for stainless steel.

Paid the difference and now own the SS model :)

12. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the help, my problem is I do not live in the US and they don't sell it in my country, I will be traveling there in July so I guess I'll just have to live with it, too bad I didn't read about this before I bought the watch. Any ways it's an amazing product, I expected much less from it and I have loved it

13. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

While maybe not ideal. Another option would be to do something like put a skin on it.