How to remove small scratch from Sport Watch?

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Hi I accidentally scratched my Apple Watch Sport, although is really small it's driving me crazy. I have been searching for information on how to remove scratches from the watch but all results are for the Stainless Steel Version.

So does anyone know if theres a way to remove a scratch from the aluminum casing?

Thanks, this is driving me crazy.

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Don't think you can as it is a bead blasted finish.
Thanks for the info, now I am regretting going for the Sport version, I bearly touched a table with the watch and it scratched, and I've also read a lot of people with the sport version have their screen scratched, I just can't stand scratches on my gadgets.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks for the info, now I am regretting going for the Sport version, I bearly touched a table with the watch and it scratched, and I've also read a lot of people with the sport version have their screen scratched, I just can't stand scratches on my gadgets.
The problem is that there is no way to remove the scratch without removing surrounding material and that area will tend to polish up and look different than the original finish. The SS will also scratch even though it is harder but polishing out the scratch will look the same as the original finish.

If you are within your 14 days . . . . . . .

Reactions: leebroath

leebroath

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Yes if you are still within your 14 days then return it :)

If not then your going to have to deal with it and never buy another one

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
Traded in for free?
I bought my Black Sport on 4/10, received it 4/24 (launch day) and just this week I went to apple retail and traded my watch in, despite being WAY outside the return window.

Told them I wanted stainless steel version, they gave me a gift card with the full price I paid (including tax) and I applied the gift card for stainless steel.

Paid the difference and now own the SS model :)

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks for all the help, my problem is I do not live in the US and they don't sell it in my country, I will be traveling there in July so I guess I'll just have to live with it, too bad I didn't read about this before I bought the watch. Any ways it's an amazing product, I expected much less from it and I have loved it

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Thanks for all the help, my problem is I do not live in the US and they don't sell it in my country, I will be traveling there in July so I guess I'll just have to live with it, too bad I didn't read about this before I bought the watch. Any ways it's an amazing product, I expected much less from it and I have loved it
While maybe not ideal. Another option would be to do something like put a skin on it.