How to remove software update reminders

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theluker69, Apr 21, 2010.

1. theluker69 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if there is any way to get rid of the update reminders that show up when my mac runs the software updates. Like the list that is displayed and it will say like itunes, iphoto, security update etc. I have like ten updates for different programs that I dont want to update but everytime I run a check for updates those are still on the list. For example there is an Garage band update that I dont want but it still is on the list. How can I remove these? I dont want to uninstall any updates or anything like that. Ive seen posts on that topic before. Thanks

2. theluker69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind I found a link on apples site that describes how to do this. Sorry

3. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Just out of curiosity, why do you now want to install the updates? I have not installed some the airport and OS X updates before, but that was mainly to avoid glitches that they introduced.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

At least provide the link for other users who might want to know this.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2357

5. theluker69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for not providing the link. Didnt occur to me. I felt stupid for asking after i saw it. But I didnt want to update because there was a huge garage band update and iPhoto compability update neither of which I use or nee.