how to remove the audio from video file?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by naiviv, Jun 11, 2007.

1. naiviv macrumors newbie

I downloaded some interesting videos, and want to redub in them using video edit software and send them to my friends. I tried Windows Movie Maker, it can mute the audio of source video, and add new audio. But I really want to remove the audio from source video completely, rather than mute.
    Who can kindly recommend me some software? Many thanks

2. Peel macrumors 6502a

Peel

Do you have a Mac? If so, just import your video into iMovie and place it on the timeline. Select the track in the timeline, and go to Advanced - Extract Audio. This demuxes the clip (creates seperate video and audio tracks). You can now select the audio track and delete it. Now export the video.

3. raining macrumors newbie

Video Converter for Mac works. After importing video files, u will find Disable Audio option in the right setting area, then just check True, then the audio will be removed from the video file.

4. naiviv thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks Peel, good job. my friend has a Mac, maybe i can have a try.
    and also thanks raining

5. lilyly macrumors newbie

naiviv, u really should try what raining recommends to u, really nice program

6. raining macrumors newbie

have u tried Video Converter for Mac ? how about it? does it solve your problem?

7. naiviv thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, i tried it. it can only convert 5 minutes in the trial version, but the effect is rather satisfying