Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdesigns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
It's very anoying when I'm writing e-mails or text and a little bubble under text I'm writing appears with another word and if you don't hit the damn X to closed it will replace the word you wrote.

How can you eliminate this feature?

iphonelargebu7.jpg

specops

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
you can't... sorry

you can just teach it the words you prefer it to suggest by accepting the words it suggests or changing them.

cdesigns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
you can't... sorry

you can just teach it the words you prefer it to suggest by accepting the words it suggests or changing them.

That sucks, my main language is spanish and when I write a word in spanish is always replaced by another word, if I turn the spanish language ON, then the english words get replaced. :( . I think I found the first think I hate about the iphone :(. They could make the X a little larger

Hopefully a update will get us the option of removing that feature. Blackberry and Pocket PC have the option to turn it off :(

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
That sucks, my main language is spanish and when I write a word in spanish is always replaced by another word, if I turn the spanish language ON, then the english words get replaced. :( . I think I found the first think I hate about the iphone :(. They could make the X a little larger

Hopefully a update will get us the option of removing that feature. Blackberry and Pocket PC have the option to turn it off :(
You don't need to hit the x, just anywhere on the word.

But I agree that if you're writing in two languages, it's hard. But the more you type, the more it'll learn not to auto-correct certain words.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.