How to remove the TEXT fix feature or whatever is called

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cdesigns, Aug 28, 2008.

1. cdesigns macrumors 6502

It's very anoying when I'm writing e-mails or text and a little bubble under text I'm writing appears with another word and if you don't hit the damn X to closed it will replace the word you wrote.

How can you eliminate this feature?

[​IMG]

2. specops macrumors regular

you can't... sorry

you can just teach it the words you prefer it to suggest by accepting the words it suggests or changing them.

3. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

4. cdesigns thread starter macrumors 6502

That sucks, my main language is spanish and when I write a word in spanish is always replaced by another word, if I turn the spanish language ON, then the english words get replaced. :( . I think I found the first think I hate about the iphone :(. They could make the X a little larger

Hopefully a update will get us the option of removing that feature. Blackberry and Pocket PC have the option to turn it off :(

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

You don't need to hit the x, just anywhere on the word.

But I agree that if you're writing in two languages, it's hard. But the more you type, the more it'll learn not to auto-correct certain words.

6. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

with a jailbroken phone you can get rid of it. i personally like it so i'm not getting rid of it.

7. cdesigns thread starter macrumors 6502

I jailbreaked my iTouch but I'm not ready yet to jail break my iphone, to many problems :(