How to remove the virus in the pendrive?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rsubax72, Apr 25, 2011.

1. rsubax72 macrumors newbie

my pendrive contain some unwanted folders which is not created by myself at the same time it wont remove while i am deleting

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Simply drag any items you want to delete to the Trash. Then empty the Trash with the pen drive still attached. Make sure the drive is formatted as FAT32. If it's NTFS, you'll need to install a driver to modify the drive's contents from Mac OS X.

NTFS (Windows NT File System)
    • Read/Write NTFS from native Windows.
    • Read only NTFS from native Mac OS X
    • To Read/Write/Format NTFS from Mac OS X: Install NTFS-3G for Mac OS X (free)
    • Some have reported problems using Tuxera (approx 33USD).
    • Native NTFS support can be enabled in Snow Leopard, but is not advisable, due to instability.
    • AirPort Extreme (802.11n) and Time Capsule do not support NTFS
    • Maximum file size: 16 TB
    • Maximum volume size: 256TB

And there's no need to worry about viruses with Mac OS X. There has never been a virus in the wild that affects Mac OS X since it was released 10 years ago. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some education and common sense and care in what software you install:

3. donaldcarter55 macrumors newbie

This does not mean that these folders are created by a virus. Scan the pendrive using your anti-virus solution to know if the pendrive has a virus. To get rid of these unwanted folders, format the pendrive.
    1. Right click.
    2. Scan ur pendrive.
    3. Format it..

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That won't help at all. There are no Mac OS X viruses to detect.