Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tlindaas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
How do I remove thousands of blocked phone numbers from my Messages app on my Mac? There are so many numbers that the blocked number feature no longer work. The problem is that the Messages app both on my Mac and in my iPhone freezes when I open the blocked numbers tab (there are thousands of numbers, because of large number series). I would like to delete all of them, but I can't get access to them through the graphical user interface.

If there are some obscure file containing the blocked numbers somewhere on the hard drive, I could just delete that file. When I open the Messages app again, it should sync to my iPhone. Hopefully.

I have an 2015 iMac with 10.11.6.

tlindaas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Can you remove it using FaceTime>Preferences?

When I try to open Facetime preferences nothing happens (the video window works, but the preferences window don't show up - I tried, and waited 5 hours, but nothing happens.) Activity monitor say the app don't respond, even though video works.

Does anybody know which file contains the blocked numbers? Or how to reset the whole app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.