How to remove vertical sync cable?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by T'hain Esh Kelch, Jul 19, 2014.

1. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I am adding an ssd to my 2011 27" iMac, but I cant find out how to get the vertical sync cable out (The first cable you have to disconnect).

Can someone instruct me in this? I do not find the OWC video very clear in this aspect, nor the iFixit images.

I pull, push, yell, scream, tear, and nothing happens. I believe there are a few small things to push on the side of the plug, but i have no idea how that is possible. I have the iFixit upgrade kit to help me.

2. Muldert macrumors member

I struggled a little too. The connector has two "hooks" on each side. In order to remove the cable, you must push these hooks in so they'll release.

3. T'hain Esh Kelch thread starter macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Well, I got mine out by force. ;) No matter how much I pressed on the sides (Which was hard, given the position of the screen), nothing ever came out of it.

4. fleshkopter macrumors newbie

it is a tough one, so are the smaller ones you remove to prep the motherboard for removal. Same kind of connector type. I had a heck of a time with one but patience and spudger/thumbnails finally won. Finally got to blow all the dust out of my imac too :)