How to remove Winterboard from Settings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by y0umebednow, May 2, 2010.

1. y0umebednow macrumors newbie

Hey so this new version of winterboard puts a menu in the iPhones settings app. I would like to make it so it does not show up in Settings, like how it was in the previous version. I only want the icon, i do not want to see winterboard in settings.
    Is it possible to do so?

Also can i install the older version of Winterboard somehow? maybe with ssh somehow?

Thanks for all the help!

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Yes, google>download>ssh>install .
    Sounds like a plan

3. y0umebednow thread starter macrumors newbie

Um, i dont think you read my question correctly. I asked how i could install the older version of winterboard which didnt have the menu in Settings.app

I know how to ssh into my Iphone very well, no need to know how to install ssh.

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

I dont think you read your own question correctly. You asked, 1
    to which i answered yes, agreeing with your following plan; 2
    To this i gave you a set of stages and pointed you in the very fulfilling direction of google, which, with minimal searching gives all the information and tools you need.
    You must first find an older version of winterboard. Second, SSH the package into your phone, then use a terminal command (on your PC or through mobile terminal) to install it. i hope this is clearer

the SSH stage i suggested was short hand for transferring the WB package over ssh. It clearly wasn't instructions for installing openSSH via cydia.

5. y0umebednow thread starter macrumors newbie

I did search on google for an older version, but could not find anything. Which is why i decided to ask for help on this forum.

The way you wrote the post sounded like you wanted me to google ssh and download and install it.

you cant find everything on google. Infact now that i search for an older version of winterboard on google, i find my post on this forum to be the first result.

6. y0umebednow thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay so i found a list of older winterboard deb files from another forum. The link to the older debs is here: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/

Now to install, where do i ssh this deb file in my phone? and im not too good with Terminal commands so i need help installing it.

Thanks.

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

:confused:

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Is all this really necessary ? Just turn the WB icon back on and use it.
    Ignore the WB line in settings. After all, how much time do you spend in the settings menu.

By the way, it is easy to find the info on command line installs via SSH.

9. y0umebednow thread starter macrumors newbie

No, not really necessary. but i already found the deb package lol

just for future reference, how can i install the deb file? anyway to do it without mobile terminal? not too good with commands.

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

1. Put the deb file in private/var/root/Media/Cydia/autoinstall and then just reboot your phone.

--OR--

2. With iFile, put it anywhere on your phone and then select it within iFile. There is a native installer functionality within iFile.

11. y0umebednow thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!