How to remove wireless password?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyfish29, Jul 3, 2007.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I have an iBook that I used to connect to my wireless network at home- Linksys router. I use WEP (?) and need to turn in my laptop to my school as I am changing jobs to a new school. How do I remove the password that is saved on the iBook so it can no longer use my wireless network?

I already tried removing my Linksys router from the preferred networks list in system preferences...network...Airport. I even tried editing the Linksys preferred network by deleting the password it showed in the above location (in bold) and it didn't work.

How do I do this?

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

delete your keychain. Just search it in Finder, or google it.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You can use /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access to look at your keychain.

4. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I hate it when I am stupid-:rolleyes:

I sort knew this- When I was cleaning out the computer a little last weekend I saw this when I was deleting all my keychains for other things- but at the time I didn't want to delete the net access as I was still using the net.

Sorry for the waste of a thread! Thanks!

5. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

Unless there is some specific reason you can't, I'd do a system wipe and reinstall. I'd want all my stuff gone.

6. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Yeah- I was going to but seemed like too much work and I needed to keep some things in there- a bunch of folders and docs, photos in iPhoto, address book info, etc. for the incoming Principal. I would also have had to update all the software and reinstall iWork, Word, etc.

I removed everything that was my personal stuff- which wasn't all that much since I keep everything like pics, movies, financial on my home iMac. Then I wrote over all the empty space just for kicks.