Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I tried out another iPhone but returned it and now my iPhone 14 pro is called iPhone (2) in iCloud. Everything is working fine I only swapped out SIM after setting up the returned iPhone form ten automatic setup form my 14 Pro. I would like to simply change name of my 14 Pro back to what it was ie without the suffix (2) Cannot see how to do this. Anyone help please ?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 2.41.22 PM.png

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for that. I changed name in settings as above but it’s still unchanged in I cloud as i phone (2). How to change name here plead advise

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Thanks for that. I changed name in settings as above but it’s still unchanged in I cloud as i phone (2). How to change name here plead advise

Give it some time (at least 24 hours) to sync. If after 24 hours you still don't see the name updated in iCloud, try signing out of iCloud on your iPhone and then back in again (do the same on your computer or wherever you're logging into iCloud to check the device name).

Last edited:

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Give it some time (at least 24 hours) to sync. If after 24 hours you still don't see the name updated in iCloud, try signing out of iCloud on your iPhone and then back in again (do the same on your computer or wherever you're logging into iCloud to check the device name).
Thanks it has gone back to correct (previous) name now
great to have the help for such annoying (to me at least) issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.