Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AntDX316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I'm looking everywhere and I cannot find how to rename the Note Title in the Note app that came with the iPad. How is it not possible??I can type a title but I'm using the Apple Pen to draw so there are no perfect text!!

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Not sure what you mean, but the note 'title' is simply the first line in the note, if I'm understanding you correctly. You can always change that, or add a new title simply by inserting text earlier in the note, and so forth.

Reactions: hg.wells

AntDX316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Not sure what you mean, but the note 'title' is simply the first line in the note, if I'm understanding you correctly. You can always change that, or add a new title simply by inserting text earlier in the note, and so forth.
The "title" of each note on the left side cannot be changed without writing it on the note first??

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
but I don't want to have any text inside the drawings :(
Go into your note with the drawing and swipe down just a little. You'll see something at the top that says "Suggested Title: " and then whatever the title is. You can click Edit and give it a new title and you won't have any text in the drawing.

I just looked on my phone where I had made a scribble, and Notes named it "Archg" because I guess it thought that's what I was writing.

AntDX316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Go into your note with the drawing and swipe down just a little. You'll see something at the top that says "Suggested Title: " and then whatever the title is. You can click Edit and give it a new title and you won't have any text in the drawing.

I just looked on my phone where I had made a scribble, and Notes named it "Archg" because I guess it thought that's what I was writing.
ooo nice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.