How to replace corrupted MP3 file in iTune?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whohasaquestion, Sep 29, 2011.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502

Well, I ripped about 300 CDs into my iTune library in the past 2 years. Inevitably, One track weren't ripped completely or correctly...so yesterday I bought this MP3s from Amazon thinking I will just replace the corrupted with the MP3s bought from Amazon.

Well, things didn't go exactly smooth. I copy & paste the Amazon MP3s into the folder where the corrupted MP3 is located. Deleted the corrupted (including file) from iTune. Telling iTune to add the Amazon MP3 (add to library)...but it shows up as another album instead of as a track on the original album. I also realized that the song version bought from amazon is slightly different than the corrupted file...so the album art is different too.

I guess I can time machine this thing and start over again, but how do I proceed once restored? Don't want to make the same mistake again.

2. ufkdo macrumors 6502

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You can also select all of the songs in that album and select 'get info'. Once there, make sure all of the information matches which will then place all of the songs in the same album listing.