How to replace Hipstamatic with new purchase on a different account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doc69, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Doc69 macrumors 6502

My wife and I have one iTunes account each. Our iPhones are authorized for both accounts so that we can share apps. However, I'm tired of logging in and out of the two accounts every time an app needs an update.

Hipstamatic was bought on my wife's account and now I want to buy it on mine as well. How do I do that without deleting the photos that are now inside the app (with all the meta data about lenses, films etc.). I understand that the photos are also in the main photo library, but I don't want to lose the 'history' in Hipstamatic.

When I go to the app store I can't buy the app again since it's already installed. And I'm worried that if I delete the app first, then I will lose all the history inside the app?

aI could probably delete it, so that I don't have to
    My question is how to re-buy Hipand app on another account without deleting all the make an app

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Unfortunately, from everything I've read, you can't. If you ever have to restore, for example, you lose your in app library of pics.

But having said that, they do seem to answer queries on their Facebook page, and have a spot to contact them through their website too. I'd suggest trying to contact them directly for the most accurate answer.

(This presumes you're running on stock firmware. Pretty sure it could be done if you were jailbroken, though--their file setup is remarkably straightforward.)

You'll also lose any Goodpaks and Freepaks that are tied to your wife's account. Some of those may no longer be available.