how to replace my iphone 4 with applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by csb41502, Aug 13, 2011.

1. csb41502 macrumors newbie

i have a few problems with an iphone 4 i bought off craigslist a few months ago.i have mainly been using it as an ipod and wifi for now cause theres no unlock out for my firmware(4.10.01) i dont wanna use it on at&t and wanna keep my t mobile.so heres where im at

1... the wifi on the phone has been acting up.a lot of times it has really low wifi service and other times dont work at all.

2... the battery does not last long and when its on charge the phone gets extremely hot.

3... the person i got it from had applecare on it but i guess he wasnt aware he had to transfer it to me.he was under the impression i could just use it i guess.i checked the code and its all ligit and active until dec 2012.

now heres my questions

1... can i do anything with this phone under warranty seeing as i dont have any kind of contract with at&t?

2... will they replace it under warranty and give me a factory unlocked one so i can use it with t mobile?

3... am i gonna have any problems with the applecare because it wasnt transfered to me?

any help and suggestions would be very helpful.thanks

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

They won't give u a factory unl0cked one unless the one you have is like that. U don't have to transfer anything, u can just take it in and they will run the serial number and see if its under warranty.

3. csb41502 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok. so i should be alright getting it fixed with no cell phone contract with apple/at&t?