How to repurchase a movie?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by KimaniB, Nov 14, 2017.

1. KimaniB macrumors newbie

With Spider-Man on sale, how do I purchase the 4K version? I previously redeemed a HD version last month, I tried iTunes on pc, my iPhone and my iPad. I only can play but not rebuy.

2. mario-64 macrumors regular

I’ve read you can purchase as a gift then enter your own email as the recipient. Never tested it myself though

3. Agent2015 macrumors 6502

Agent2015

Where do you plan to watch the 4K version of Spider Man? You might get the free upgrade to 4K depending on how you redeemed the HD version. In my case, many of my previous movie purchases or redemptions automatically upgraded to 4K but only if viewed on my Apple TV 4K. That was a major perk for me and made the purchase of the Apple TV 4K even more of a bargain.

4. KimaniB thread starter macrumors newbie

Ported to HD from Movies anywhere. I’ll check to see if vudu has it on sale in UHD and get it from there.

5. alexcue macrumors regular

alexcue

Many of my movies that were purchased and redeemed through Ultraviolet and now reside on Movies Anywhere have become 4k automatically. I even had some SD versions that magically became 4K on iTunes.

6. Rigby macrumors 601

Have you tried actually playing them? HD movies ported in from MA show 4K on the overview page, but currently only play in 1080p HDR (you can tell by pulling down the info sheet on the ATV while the movie is playing).

Regarding the OP's question: Try "hiding" the movie (by using "delete from library"). That at least makes the Buy button appear in the store (I haven't tried actually buying though, so not sure if it goes through).

7. KimaniB thread starter macrumors newbie

I just ended rebuying it on Vudu for the sale price.

8. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

All of my Movies Anywhere movies that are available in 4K show up as 4K on my AppleTV.

And the "pull down sheet" isn't always accurate - mine often says 4K for some movies even when I have it plugged in to a 720p-only display!

9. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Movies from MA will say 4K but when you play, pull down info and will just say HD.

I wanted to get the extended cut of Batman v Superman so I just gifted it to myself.
    Worked great.