How to reserve a 7/7+ with Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ATEspo, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

So for the past week+ I've been reading about people reserving their iPhone on apple's website (https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y) and then canceling their never ending processing preorder and walking into the store and getting their phone. But how does anyone get it to go through? I've tried for the past 5 days (multiple times a day), I see the phone I want and it shows available at one of 3 stores around me but I keep getting this error once I select the phone I want and hit continue = "We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable."

A couple hours ago I saw the 256gb black 7+ was available but couldn't get the reservation to go through so I thought maybe I'll just show up at the store when they open, but I just checked again and it's gone. I also tried to reserve my wife a 256gb regular 7 (also was in stock hours ago) but I couldn't get the reservation to go through and it showing not in stock now.

What gives? Is there a trick to getting a reservation through? Should I just show up at the store in the morning when they open? This just stinks because there are 3 stores in my city all equal distances from me, so picking one to just show up at is a crapshoot. Am I able to bother the employees and ask them if what I'm looking for is in stock? I feel like this reservation site is irrelevant if it doesn't work and I have to call the stores.

2. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

I just buy outright and then refund it and enter it into the program like that.

3. Omega V macrumors member

Omega V

I didn't hav

I didn't have any issues at all using the link you provided? It let me pick a phone and enter my Apple ID and password before I closed the window. Try these steps

1. Use a different Internet browser, I use FireFox
    2. Try a different state to see if it's just your state that is having problems
    3. Call Apple and try to reserve over the phone or see if they can reserve one for you when you see the phone you want again
    4. Use Apple's chat option to see if the rep can do what I explained in step #3
    5. Try using the Apple Store App reservation system on your iPhone or iPad instead of the Apple weblink

4. 1981d macrumors regular

Buy it through the Apple Store App on your phone or iPad for same day pickup. That's what I did.

5. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I just reserved the last MB 7+ 256GB to pick up this morning (Verizon).

6. ATEspo, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016

ATEspo thread starter macrumors regular

ATEspo

1. I tried Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer
    2. I tried a half dozen stores
    3. Called Apple on Thursday to reserve one and by the time I got someone on the phone it was gone.
    4. Haven't tried this
    5. Didn't think about using the Apple Store app and setting pickup location.

And of course they are all gone for this mornings pickup.
    Man, you gotta put in some work to get a new iPhone anymore, either that or pre-order first thing and wait 6-8 weeks.....

Edit: another issue I just had, both iStockNow and the reservation page said a phone was available but when I go into my Apple Store app to purchase it and select a store to pickup, it says it's not available and 3-4 weeks for shipping. I might as well just wait until next month sometime to get the one I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to preorder...

7. Omega V macrumors member

Omega V

I tried to use the iStockNow site and it was too inaccurate for me because like you posted what it said was available wasn't actually available once I went to Apple's website or on their Apple Store app.

I pre-ordered my 256GB Jet Black 7 Plus on the night pre-orders opened and I was charged by T-Mobile this Friday and my phone will get to me on Monday or Tuesday. My estimated shipping day was anytime between 9/27 and 10/24 so I don't think it will take nearly 6-8 weeks to get a phone if you order one. There are also a good amount of people saying they had October and November ship date from their carriers but their phones has already shipped or they have received them already.

I would also try Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Target since I've heard a few stories of people walking in and getting a 7 and 7 Plus.

8. CYKBC macrumors 6502

Uhhh I just reserved a black 7 256 in store pickup via the app in norcal. Timing is everything?

9. ATEspo thread starter macrumors regular

ATEspo

I can't believe I have a reservation set for what I was looking for.
    Only took me almost a dozen tries and being up at the right time when I should be sleeping for an early meeting tomorrow.

I will say, if you're having a problem reserving a phone, stick in there, it's not impossible.

10. AppleGirlCO macrumors newbie

AppleGirlCO

Yesterday I contacted my local Apple store to see if they have any available iphone 7 plus 128gb. They only had the rose gold which i did not mind. The agent then had me cancel my pre order amd processed the rose gold which i picked up today.

11. ATEspo thread starter macrumors regular

ATEspo

I'm not going to the Apple Store until about 6pm or so (after work), think I should cancel my online order now or wait until later?