How to Reset Cydia App?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by supervelous, Aug 23, 2010.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

Had an issue today. Have been using iBlacklist and BiteSMS without a problem until this morning, when there was an iBlacklist update in Cydia. When I installed the update, any text received that went through iBlacklist crashed me to safe mode. Also, the BiteSMS icon had an exclamation point, which I believe usually means a text was not sent successfully.

I uninstalled bitesms and then Iblacklist worked fine, reinstalled and crash again upon receiving blocked texts. So, I uninstalled bite again and installed an older version of biteSMS, and iBlacklist works fine again. However, there is still a red exclamation point above BiteSMS, and it also has all my old text history.

What I believe happened is my iBlacklist auto-reply failed, which caused exclamation point. However, since there is no history shown in biteSMS client when a text is sent through iBlacklist, I cannot attempt to resend or cancel.

How do I clear the exclamation point, or at least clear the app's memory (so on a reinstall it doesn't have my old texts and remember the failed action)? I want to reinstall and start fresh. Hate seeing that red exclamation on my screen.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Remove BiteSMS one more time, and after uninstalled go to (please backup all files before removing them):

/private/var/mobile/Library/

remove the 2 folders left by biteSMS.

Also there another file you may want to remove on /private/var/mobile/Documents/biteadprefs.xml

That should fully erase any trace of BiteSMS, however that said, I think your issues is somewhere else, I think the "failed" SMS will be storage on your sms database, so if that is the case, you need to manually replace the sms.db with an old backup, or just use iTunes to restore a backup (one that was made before you had this issue).