How to reset Lion to factory settings

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by v2club, Jul 25, 2011.

1. v2club macrumors regular

Hi, I just installed Lion on my MBP and have backed up everything that I needed, when the instillation was completed everything was still there, just the way I left it. So how do I wipe out everything?

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

By default it'll do an upgrade, not a clean install. To do a clean install, burn the installation .dmg to an external HD or USB key (random site with instructions on how to do this). Then boot from that, format your disk using Disk Utility in the installer, and then proceed with the installation.

3. Pottsie1, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

Pottsie1 macrumors newbie

Pottsie1

Where to find OS X Lion Installer after installation

I have installed Lion, but now want to make a boot disk. The problem is that I can't find the installer. I did a search for OS X Lion Installer and the file InstallESD.dmg, but with no results. Is it deleted after the install and if so, can I download it again?

4. lahav redler macrumors newbie

download it again from the app store, go to purchased items, then click on option + purchased again, it should let you download it again.

5. Pottsie1 macrumors newbie

Pottsie1

Ok, Thanks...just saw the answer on another thread too. I might try checking my Time machine backup.

6. geekygeek macrumors regular