How to reset or create new local keychain?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Iphone4sinwhite, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Iphone4sinwhite macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to reset or create a new local keychain on my cMBP running 10.9? I recently had to reset my administrator password and was required to create a new keychain. After the admin password reset I was able to create a new system keychain but not the local one. Use of the computer is difficult because applications keep requesting the local keychain password. Hitting cancel makes the password request pop back up. I also have an error stating that "A keychain cannot be found to store "registrationV1." Is there anyway to reset or create a new local keychain password?

2. chown33 macrumors 604

3. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there another way to do this? Authenticating the keychain with the account login password isn't successful even with repeated computer restarts.

4. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried the process again (resetting the keychain) but I receive an error that no keychain can be found. In the keychain application the local keychain is locked so I don't have the ability to unlock it and delete it. Is there another way to do this, possibly in the terminal?

5. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

Issue solved:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1652089