How to reset Spaces after it was fracked up?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by spinnerlys, Feb 6, 2009.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello.

I recently discovered the little app Dock Spaces, which allows you to have up to 10 different docks, and even have the integrated with your Spaces.

But the downside to that software is, that if you want the integration, you can only have 4 Spaces.

As I have 12 Spaces and use them quite regularly, I was fracked after installation and setting up of this software.

So now I only have 4 Spaces, the software removed from the application folder (no process is running) and no ability to add more rows and columns to my Spaces in the Expose & Spaces Preferences. A restart did not help.

So is there a way to reset Spaces, like a file somewhere or something else, so that I can have my 12 Spaces back?

Thanks in advance.

2. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

Seems deleting the keyboard shortcut for Spaces and then renewing it did the trick.

What the F.

3. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I don't use spaces (I have used Dock Spaces) but someone on MacUpdate experienced this same problem. They posted their solution on a french blog but according to their MacUpdate post there are screenshots to lead you along in solving the issue though I would assume you could also use Google Translate to help if you don't speak french.

This is quoted from Kral2 @ MacUpdate

4. yoppie macrumors 6502a

5. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks for the link, it seems to be a software called PrefSetter, with which you can edit .plist files directly.

By searching for Spaces I only got the DockSpaces .plist, so there seems to be no .plist that can be edited.