How to reset the iPhone 2G boot logo to Apple logo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aladdin2007, Jul 16, 2014.

1. aladdin2007 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm preparing to sell my iPhone 2G.
    A few years ago I used something like PwngeTool (if I remember) to jailbreak and I was able to set a custom logo at the same time.
    I'm trying now to remove that custom logo and just get the Apple logo back but using Cydia's boot logos isnt working and I think its because I didnt use GreenPoison to jailbreak it originally.

Do you guys know how to reset the custom logo without resetting the entire phone? Im kinda scare to go thru the whole process of jailbreaking/unlocking again!

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Nobody in this time will want your original iphone. I suggest you hang onto it like as a collectible item. It's not going to serve anyone any use as AT&t is shutting down its 2G/EDGE/GSM network.

3. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

[​IMG]

4. aladdin2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Holy pessimistic! First of all, I've listed on Kijiji and already got an offer. Second, watch the ones on eBay - they do sell.
    Geez. Anyway, I found my solution elsewhere.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Glad you found a solution and I agree with you. I don't know what's going on but lately folks are going way off topic.

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Not true. People will pay good money to buy an original iPhone 2G. They may want it as an collectors item or something like that.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I agree. I'd pay good money for one if I had the extra funds.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

They've been threatening to do this for years but I doubt they'll ever phase it out completely. They HAVE been refarming 2G/EDGE/GSM spectrum to UMTS, but that doesn't eliminate service, just reduces available bandwidth.

Lots of legacy devices are out there that use the old network. ATMs, alarm systems, etc...Phasing it out is much more pain than it's worth. I give it another ten years at least.

9. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

AT&T said EDGE would be shut off by 2017.

10. rrm74001, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014

rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

Are you really going to sell the phone without doing a factory reset? Is the fact that it is pre-jailbroken a huge selling point for the buyer?

Why not just use PwnageTool to create a new IPSW (without custom logos) and restore? Jailbreaking does not get much easier than that.