How to resize desktop images? - Macbook Pro 2009 13"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sun surfer, Nov 9, 2011.

1. sun surfer macrumors regular

I've been googling, but turned up no helpful info.

Apparently, a "pop-up" screen is supposed to come up on images not sized correctly asking what you'd like done to them as a desktop image (i.e. "tiled", "fit to screen", etc.).

Mine are not doing that. I know "correctly sized" images aren't supposed to show the pop-up menu, but I have un-correctly sized images that aren't showing the menu. They might be close, but when I make them my desktop, they're slightly zoomed in and too big, cutting off parts of the image. So I'd like to choose "fit to screen" to stretch them slightly to the correct proportions and show the entire image.

2. spacedrabbit macrumors member

:apple: > System Preferences > Desktop and Screen Saver

Click on Desktop > Choose image > Click on drop down menu

Will give you options for: Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, Stretch to Fill Screen, Center, Tile

3. sun surfer thread starter macrumors regular

I must be blind because I'm not seeing it. Where do I "click on drop down menu"? I choose desktop, choose an image, but there is no drop down menu nor anywhere to choose a drop down menu.

I'm trying everything, including right-clicking the image, etc. I must be missing where it's at....please explain specifically where it's at.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Which version of Mac OS X do you have? The feature in question might have been added in a version newer than the one you've got.