how to restart application in between (xcode)?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by hasankamal007, Jun 28, 2011.

1. hasankamal007, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

hasankamal007 macrumors newbie

i want 2 know how we can restart an ios application using code in xcode when a certain event occurs. For eg. touching a button restarts the application.
    gv me the code or even any link.

i also want 2 know how can we pause an application in between in xcode by writing some code and start after user confirms. For eg. Touching a button pauses the app and touching another one, starts the app.

thnx.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Um, that's not how things work around here. Sorry.

3. hasankamal007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry, that was not what i actually meant, im new here, just wanted some kind of help.

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

This doesn't please me.
    Also, what u mean, "in Xcode"..
    Ever heard of a breakpoint to pause it on a certain spot, when something happens. it will pause the application. And restarting? Why would u do that, that would never be allowed on the appstore. We don't know why you wonna do it, what u have tried. What your goal is (well a little bit..).
    SO therefore, i guess Dejo didn't provide u with a clear answer, and me neither.

5. hasankamal007 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yes, Hasan, are you talking about pausing/restarting the application for debugging purposes, as it's running within Xcode? Or are you asking about doing these things even when the app is running on it's own? If you can answer that (or explain more what you're trying to achieve), we can hopefully provide a better answer.