How to restore 3.1.3 from 4.0 on iPhone 3G ??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Minkai, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Minkai macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

I upgraded my iPhone 3G to the 4.0 when it was released but now the battery drains and last only 2 hours...
    Any advices on how to restore 3.1.3 without jailbrake it?

Thanks in advice

2. spoonk7 macrumors member

Have you check on itunes yet? There is a "Restore" option on there. Under the tab Info.

3. kuato macrumors member

4. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

I also used the same link to go from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3 and it worked great, just follow the instructions. :)

However, have you tried turning off spotlight search? I hear it helps make things faster...maybe it will help w/battery...worth a try anyway.

I personally had wifi quit on me after updating to 4.0.1...long story short I went to an Apple "genius" and now have a new iPhone 3G (w/3.1.3 on it). I won't update until 4.1 comes out and I hear it runs well on 3G.

5. warrenpaul macrumors newbie

i did this the other day, pretty simple on the 3g, just download the firmware and when done, hold "option key" (on mac) and click restore in itunes, not sure about xp think its ctrl?

and select the 3.1.3 firmware you downloaded, ill put the link up later for the firmware as its on my macbook at home