how to restore 4.0.1 firmware?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vegas825, Aug 24, 2010.

1. vegas825 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I jailbroke my phone a while back and facetime was working after I jailbroke it. Yesterday, however, I noticed there was no option to facetime ppl from their contact screen or directly while in a call. The facetime option is still enabled. I want to restore to 4.0.1 but I can't do that because the whole signature thing. I have not saved my SHSH through cydia as of yesterday but this morning I pressed "make my life easier." Now it says TSS request pending. Can I restore my phone to 4.0.1? If so, how? Please let me know as I have never dealt with anything like this before. Thanks.

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

NO the only FW Apple is signing right now is 4.0.2.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Sorry man you are SOL, without the SHSH there is not way to restore after the Apple sining windows had closed.

Just remember first thing to do after a jailbreak is to save your SHSH blobs.

4. vegas825 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses guys...looks like I'll have to upgrade to 4.0.2 and wait for the next jailbreak. Facetime is more important than anything else.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Did you try restoring a backup? that used to fix Facetime back when the original issue came out