How to restore 4.3.3 firmware or resolve the problem i have?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ice2melt, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ice2melt, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

ice2melt macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

I bought iPad 2 (Wifi+3G) with 4.3.3 firmware installed, i made the jailbreak through jailbreakme.com . Then i decided to remove the volume limitations to boost the volume. I found a guide, where it was written that the file /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/RegionalVolumeLimits.plist has to be deleted or modified. I modified its name to RegionalVolumeLimits.plist.no (i was doing all of this with headphones plugged in, not the native ipad/apple headphones, and i was doing these changes in iFile app). Then i rebooted my iPad. And here came the problems, unfortunately... Now Photobooth is not working, Camera is not working, MxTube quits when trying to watch a video, Safari quits when trying to watch a video, Buzz Player quits when trying to watch a video. Such problems. So i decided to rename again the file i modified, but after restoring the file nothing happened, my iPad remained with these problems...
    I'd be very glad if you could help me FIX my iPad! THANX!!!

I thought about restoring my firmware, but i don't know if i can restore 4.3.3 or not. From what i've read it's impossible or near to that. Anyway, i'd like to have again the possbility to jailbreak after the restore process.

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

you cannot restore to 4.3.3 unless you either saved SHSH blobs for that IOS version with Tiny umbrealls or Cydia saved them for you when you did the jailbreak. Check the top of the Cydia screen and see if it shows Shsh blobs and for what versions of IOS.

3. ice2melt thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately i don't have 4.3.3 SHSH. I have that for versions 4.3.4 and on. It's impossible to restore to that firmware 'cause iTunes won't let me? It will immediately say that it's impossible?

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Read first! Please use the appropriate forum or subforum

To help other users find the iPad threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread.
    Use iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting for troubleshooting and problem-solving. This forum is new and we hope you'll take advantage of it.
    Use iPad Accessories for cases, gadgets you connect, etc.
    Use iPad Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.
    Use iPad Launch Meetups for iPad events.
    Use iPad Apps for iPad applications.
    Use the main iPad forum for other iPad topics: features, opinions, ideas, speculation, iOS discussion, and so on.

5. ice2melt thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought i've chosen the appropriate subforum. Sorry if it's not the appropriate one.

6. ice2melt thread starter macrumors newbie

on my iPad 2, if i go to settings and make a General Reset (Erase all content and settings) will it repair/restore the iPad or it only erases the apps and settings, preferences? I mean for example Photoboot and Camera native apps that are not working, will they work again?