How to restore back to OS X 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by angelovs17, Jun 24, 2012.

1. angelovs17, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

angelovs17 macrumors newbie

Ok so I bought a used mac g5 power pc and it had os x 10.5 but the idiot I got it off of said there was no password and guess what? There was. Anyway I installed os x 10.4 but didnt wipe 10.5 off now 10.4 wont allow me to connect to wifi for some reason its saying an error occurred when trying to connect. So my question/questions are is there any way to revert back to 10.5 since I did not delete it from my hd or if any one has any idea how to fix my wifi problem which i have looked up and tried about everything its really frustrating all help would be really appreciated! Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Tried this yet?

Mac OS X: Changing or resetting an account password
    Forgot Mac Password? How to Reset Your Mac Password (with or without CD)

Btw, you should do an Erase and Install of whatever OS X version you decide on, unless the seller gave you install media (like the grey Restore DVDs the Mac came with or the Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Retail DVD).

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. angelovs17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea he didn't give me the cds. So how would I go back to os x 10.5 to try out the link you showed me?