How to restore from SAM unlocked ticket back up?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aziatiklover, Apr 26, 2012.

1. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

So I was just wondering how do we get that ticket unlocked if we ever update to the latest firmware and loose the jailbreak process?

Is it still possible just to restore BACK UP from iTunes without having to jailbreak and use SAM pref again :confused:

2. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

3. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

I have no clue about this....I am waiting for a jailbreak which I hope @pod2g will release within the next few days.....but from the videos I watched....my guess is that you will copy and paste the "Lockdown" folder and overwrite any files....or delete the current one and paste the one you saved....other then that I don't know but it seems to make sense because activation ticket is as far as I understand stored within that folder and once you replace the folder with the one you backed up for say SIM1 then it will work with SIM1 or if you place the one you backed up for SIM2 then your iPhone will only work with SIM2 etc.....so you want to back up one for Original SIM and for every other sim....

Sad part is that I wish this was more dedicated to network then per sim....like I use lots of prepaid sims when I travel between canada and usa and sometimes the SIM's expire....I suppose I'd be out of luck if apple fixes it....can anyone shed some light on this situation?

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I jailbroke my friend's phone on 5.1, tethered booted it, installed SAM, unlocked, and then restored to a back up and the phone stayed unlocked. I guess this only works if you're already SAM unlocked though since Apple has patched it..

5. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Sounds about right! I dont know if im gonna do a back up cuz im actually waiting for att to unlock it. I got a case number its just a matter of time before i get it factory unlocked. So far this sam method is working awesome.
    Apple already patched it? That was fast!

6. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Crazy, huh? Well I guess not because I figured they wouldn't let us have our fun for toooo long, especially with something that's server-sided :D Anywho, that's that! I got really frustrated today trying to activate when I realized it was gone.. Man. Good luck with your AT&T unlock! If you still need help after the case number is up, hit me up, I have a pretty much fail-safe way of getting them to unlock your phone.

7. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

I wish Rogers was that generous as AT&T is now....even though Rogers here in Canada have been offering the unlock longer than AT&T(by 2-3 years now) but they have stupid terms:

1) Have to be the original owner (so if u bought used like me ur out of luck)
    2) Must pay $50
    3) Contract must be over and the original Owner must have not opened another contract if they upgraded or renewed then you must wait for that one to be over....