How to restore iPhone 3GS to the same iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sidgallup, Jul 30, 2013.

1. sidgallup macrumors newbie

Hi, my cousin's iphone 3gs is stuck on connect to itunes screen, when i plug it in itunes detects the phone in recovery mode and asks if i want to restore it and update to latest iOS version, however, i don't know what iOS version was isntalled and i don't want to install 6.1.3, so quesions.

how can i know for sure what iOS version is on the phone if it's on recovery mode?

If i shift restore the phone on itunes and i select a stock 5.1.1 ipw, would it update normally if the phone had the same 5.1.1 or below iOS version? or do i need to restore the EXACT iOS version it's currently running?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You would need the SHSH saved for a certain firmware to restore. Otherwise the latest iOS would be the only option.

3. sidgallup thread starter macrumors newbie

not even using a 3rd party program like tinyunmbrella or redsn0w? thig is the phone is foe at&t and she has a tmobile plan, so if i update to 6.1.3 then i'm not gonna be able to unlock it again i think.