How to restore iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by illy123, Jan 9, 2010.

1. illy123 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I encountered a problem with my iphone whereby the voicemail server was off for some reason. So I rang up 1750 to enable it and after that all my calls were going straight to voicemail.

I went to settings, general, and reset all hoping that that would help. It has not helped and what is more it has rearranged all the 8 pages of apps that I have.

Now, when I connect my iphone to OSX each time it says it is making some kind of backup. I would like to restore my iphone to this morning's backup (last time I connected it to the pc) as it will take ages to rearrange all the apps on the homescreen.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this as when I hit on restore in itunes it says are you sure you want to restore to factory settings - I don't, I want to restore to this morning's settings.

Edit:

Aha, right click on the device and select restore from backup.

On a sidenote does anyone know why calls are being routed to voicemail? I inserted another O2 sim and it was accepting calls fine.

2. maximart4u macrumors newbie

You can download the latest ipsw and restore from than by holding option and clicking restore, if that helps.

3. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

uhm...just to put all the apps back in place go to settings > general > reset >reset home page.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

First he solved that problem. Second, that doesn't put the apps in the order and on the pages he originally had them on. That ONLY put the apps on the home page that were originally there.

BTW, OP, what's with the small font? Jeez.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. oliviasmith macrumors newbie

Hi

Restoring your iPhone to its original factory settings is a way to repair any damages you've done to the phone by downloading unauthorized software. It's not guaranteed to fix your problems, but it is your best bet. :)