How To Restore Jailbroken iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lisalover1, Nov 29, 2011.

1. lisalover1 macrumors newbie

I recently ran into a crippling filesystem error on my Verizon iPad 2 that disabled my ability to sync it with my computer (an invisible, undeletable corrupt image file in the DCIM folder), and I think a restore is the only solution. Unfortunately, my device is still jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3, so restoring it via iTunes would automatically update it to 5.0.1, which would disable the jailbreak. I downloaded an .ipsw file of 4.3.3 for my device, and tried to manually restore it from that file in iTunes, but every time I try, it gives me an error saying "The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).". Any ideas on what I should do?

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. lisalover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I just assumed that this would fit better in this forum. So, can you help me, then?

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Please use the appropriate forum or subforum. To help other users find the threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread. Use Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.