How to restore JB apps and settings after Limera1n?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hlkc, Oct 10, 2010.

1. hlkc macrumors regular

I JB my iP4 a while back and dial in nicely and set up the way I want. I want to go to 4.1 since it can control BT from my car.

1) What is baseline? It seems to me baseline is for unlock and nothing to do with JB, right?

2) If I Limera1n now when is the iTunes 4.1 upgrade taking place? Is it iTumes upgrade the 4.1 then JB via Limera1n?

3) If #2 is right? Is that mean I will lose all the settings and the JB apps? If so, anyone successful using Pkgbackup and restore the setting and JB apps before?

2. berger34 macrumors member

berger34

1) sync iphone with itunes/backup iphone with itunes

2) update to 4.1

3) use limera1n

in that order

also, pkgbackup doesn't support 4.1 yet, so if you use pkgbackup on 4.0.1 and then go to 4.1, it will say your backup is corrupted and you just lost all your cydia stuff. then its time to start all over again.

also, you said baseline. do you mean baseBAND ? that has to do with unlocking to use on another network, not jailbreaking.

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

When I upgrade, once all my Cydia packages are iOS 4.1 compatible, what I will have to do is this:

1. Sync my iPhone 4 with iTunes. I will not be doing a backup and restore.

2. Upgrade to iOS 4.1 using Tiny Umbrella to preserve the unlockable baseband.

3. Do the jailbreak (won't know which one for a while yet).

4. Sync my iPhone with iTunes so I get all my App Store apps, music, contacts, etc., back.

5. Add the non-standard repos I used previously.

6. Install and run PkgBackup to restore the packages I had installed.

7. Apply all the settings in all the various packages I was using previously (yes, I have this documented).

8. install the WinterBoard themes, including my custom themes, I was using.

9. Install the font I was using previously.

10. Rename the apps I had renamed.

S-