How to Restore on Lion from Time Machine

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ghsNick, Aug 8, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I need to completely restore my iMac to how it was 2 hours ago before I erased some stuff I shouldn't have. I upgraded to Lion.

I want to use Time Machine...I made a backup disc of Lion...and I have the original Snow Leopard Disc that came with it.

What is the best way to restore my iMac to how it was 2 hours ago?

Should I use the Lion BackUp Disc I made...or the Snow Leopard?

2. Paragon Nova macrumors newbie

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm doing that now...when it's done installing it should ask if I want to go from Time Machine correct?

4. The13thDoctor macrumors regular

Yep

5. ghsNick, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011

ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

It didn't ask. :(
    It just redid Lion...Isn't there a way to do it from Time Machine by holding Command R or something when it restarts?

6. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Ok...I held down Command R while Restarting and restored my Computer to how it was from Lion earlier yesterday....the thing is, the Cache isn't as large as it used to be...and there's this extra .db file...

Why isn't the Cache as large as it used to be?
    Why is this .db folder here and what do I do with it?

Attached Files:

7. DudeDad macrumors 6502a

DudeDad

Wouldn't it be easier to boot to the Snow Leopard disk, and when it gets to the question about migrating from another computer, choose to restore from Time Machine and let it do the restore...you should be back to where you were with Lion...

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I put in my Lion Disk and held down Command R while rebooting and chose to restore from Time Machine...everything is working again...thank gosh.

But the "Cache" folder isn't as large as it used to be and there's that one .db file out of place that was never there before. I just moved it to the "Cache" folder...I hope that fixed everything.