How to restore siri on 4s?

naixed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
I have lost siri. Do I need to perform a factory restore or is there any possible way to restore siri?

Long story short:
Installed technetec siri mic color change. Didn't like it so I removed it, but siri kept crashing upon activation. So I reinstalled blue mic color.

Someone recommended I install spire. I did, but it was asking for a proxy server addy to connect to. I removed spire, now siri is gone. When activated all I get is voice control. Siri is not found in my settings either.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have lost siri. Do I need to perform a factory restore or is there any possible way to restore siri?

Long story short:
Installed technetec siri mic color change. Didn't like it so I removed it, but siri kept crashing upon activation. So I reinstalled blue mic color.

Someone recommended I install spire. I did, but it was asking for a proxy server addy to connect to. I removed spire, now siri is gone. When activated all I get is voice control. Siri is not found in my settings either.
You got a 4s, you don't need Spire, that is to get Siri on none 4S devices, Now the reason that it may be gone is because the installer remove all the files thinking are were on a none 4S device (this is just a educated guess, I could be wrong). your best bet is to backup your phone, restore using Itunes and then re-jailbreak.

naixed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Figured id be going down that route lol.

ps DO NOT install technetec siri mic color change if you plan to go back to the default purple mic color.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Don't restore just yet.

I haven't hacked my phone but I know that Siri gets "disabled" in the settings once you've restored.

You just need to turn it back on....

Settings > General > Siri

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
Hmm I didn't think removing it caused that problem? I installed it but won't risk uninstalling to find out :p

But you should be able to just SSH the files back to the bundled locations per the winter board theme.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Don't restore just yet.

I haven't hacked my phone but I know that Siri gets "disabled" in the settings once you've restored.

You just need to turn it back on....

Settings > General > Siri
I believed OP said that the "option" itself was gone.

I would NOT recommend manually copying the file, we don't have a full structure of what was remove, it is way safer just to restore, it won't lose anything and it will guarantee stability

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I believed OP said that the "option" itself was gone.

I would NOT recommend manually copying the file, we don't have a full structure of what was remove, it is way safer just to restore, it won't lose anything and it will guarantee stability
Ouch! ok..... good luck! :D

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Ouch! ok..... good luck! :D
I hope it didn't came out like I was personally attacking you or your post, OP got a 4S with default Siri support, no reason to mess around with files, those with iP4 or before are the one that should mess around until everything is broken before restoring. :)

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
Yikes.....

Add that tweak/app to the list of DO NOT INSTALL ON 4S.

Remember that once apple stops signing the 5.0.1 ipsw you won't be able to jailbreak. So you might want to limit the experimenting you are doing with your device.....

:cool: let us know if you are back to normal once you do your restore.....

naixed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
I am backing up my data right now. I will report back after I restore and jb.

naixed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
It worked.

Had to login as local admin to restore to factory default successfully.

Just jb using absinthe version 0.3 and things are back to normal again :)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I hope it didn't came out like I was personally attacking you or your post, OP got a 4S with default Siri support, no reason to mess around with files, those with iP4 or before are the one that should mess around until everything is broken before restoring. :)
Ahh no its ok, the "Ouch" was more to do with the massive **** up on his phone. Sounds like its a hard fix!

naixed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Im not sure if they updated the package, but after I uninstalled it, siri would crash upon activation. Another user posted about this as well.

Anyways im back up and running good again.

jbaker0024

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2013
im having exact same problem for about 3 days. I did a restore to earlier date in iTunes on my jailBROKE Iphone 5 and it restored fine. But STILL no Siri. Also in settings under general-cellular-cellular data network all of the APN's have the word "phone" typed in. Also below in the mms part it has proxy.mobile.att.net typed in. If anyone can help I would be sooo grateful.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
im having exact same problem for about 3 days. I did a restore to earlier date in iTunes on my jailBROKE Iphone 5 and it restored fine. But STILL no Siri. Also in settings under general-cellular-cellular data network all of the APN's have the word "phone" typed in. Also below in the mms part it has proxy.mobile.att.net typed in. If anyone can help I would be sooo grateful.
try restoring and not restoring from the backup

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.