How to restore with Time Machine

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mikebike125, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I have two questions concerning restoring something with time machine

1. I had the Sticky note widget opened with some writing on it and my daughter deleted it. How can I restore just what was written on the sticky note from two days ago?

2. Lets say my kids screwed up several things on my mac today, is there a way I can restore the whole computer and make it like it was in whole from some point in the past, say two or three days ago?

The reason I ask is that since I am not sure what they exactly did and to what extent, I would just rather go back and restore everything from a point in the past when I knew everything was good. Is this possible?

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

1) You can do it, you just have to find the Stickies database. It's probably in the Stickies .plist in Preferences.
    2) I did a full restore a couple of months ago because I had screwed something up. Piece of cake.

3. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

Where is the stickies database? I am a new mac switcher so I am new at finding mac files

4. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Mike, I backup every week but I've never restored. Surely you can click time machine and scroll to a previous date and click it.

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

User - Library - Preferences - appleStickies.plist.