How to resume interrupted downloads in iTunes U

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karuturi, Oct 18, 2010.

1. karuturi macrumors newbie

I am downloading some free tutorial videos from the iTunes store each of which is around 700MB. I am on slow internet connection and whenever the download fails, if i start it again it starts from 0 Bytes instead of resuming from the point it stopped. :(

Is there a way by which I can resume the downloads using iTunes or any other application??

I am using :apple: Mac OS X 10.6.4
    and iTunes 10.0.1

2. kocoman macrumors regular

I have the same problem too when my Mac crashes, then all my queue disappears and I have to add it again.

Apple in more interested in having good User experience rather than adding features (like MS)

3. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

Same problem. It's annoying. One download got so slow I hit "pause" to check on a connection, and when I hit resume, it started from zero again! I thought "pause" was just that - but it should really be called "abandon download."

4. brucem76 macrumors newbie

Yes you can - click on "Copy iTunes U URL", then use something like wget to get that url
    Open the resultant file, and you will find a whole lot of URLs in it, with the relevant episodes. (in my case ending in .mp4)
    Then use "wget -c" to get the episodes by each url, and it support resume perfectly.... (unless the server doesn't)

Using this method, I have been successfully resuming Stanford iPhone Dev Lectures, which iTunes kept on doing from the beginning...

iTunes.... when it works, it's great... when it doesn't... hmmmmmm

5. openglguy macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am having the same problem. here is the link from which I want to download lectures:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/developing-apps-for-ios-sd/id395631522

Can you tell me how do I proceed now? Where is the link : "Copy iTunes U URL", ???

Thanks in advance

6. openglguy macrumors newbie